1. There is no fee for entry.
2. The Submission must be submitted online by the stipulated deadline. No late entries will be accepted.
3. Individuals or teams can join. Open to individuals or teams.
4. Each Participating Team or Participating Individual may only submit one entry in the competition.
5. The finals will be held in Hong Kong on 20th November 2020. YPSN HK will pay for economy class air travel and arrange for reasonable accommodation for each of the 5 finalists in Hong Kong. The Participating Teams or Individuals shall be responsible for making arrangements for visas required to enter Hong Kong at their own expense. YPSN HK will render reasonable assistance as required. Should travel not be permitted at the time of the live final, The Captain's Table will be delivered virtually.
6. All Participating Teams agree to participate in media and press opportunities related to the Competition. These opportunities include, but are not limited to:
B. Intellectual Property
7. Submissions must be the original work solely of the Participating Team. By entering the Competition, each Participating Team Member represents and warrants to YPSN (HK) that she or he has all right, title and/or interest in the Submissions, and that by submitting an entry she or he is not and will not be violating any contract or third party rights, including but not limited to any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, publicity or privacy right; or disclosing any proprietary or confidential information of another person or entity. YPSN (HK) strongly urges the Participating Team to seek independent legal counsel on all intellectual property issues. YPSN HK cannot provide any legal advice regarding intellectual property or any other issues.
8. Prior to submitting an entry, Participating Teams are urged to take all necessary steps to ensure adequate protection of any intellectual property described in their Submission (i.e. appropriate intellectual property filings, patent and copyright notices, etc.)
9. Participating Teams must disclose any funding already received at the time of submission.
10. If selected as one of the 5 finalists, at least one member of the Participating Team must be present at all required sessions as well as the final awards ceremony.
11. YPSN HK reserves the right to disqualify at any time any Submission that in its judgment violates the letter or the spirit of the Competition guidelines, terms, processes or rules or any relevant law or regulation. The decisions of YPSN HK are final. Any violation of these rules discovered after the finals will result in forfeiture of any prize or competition benefit awarded to the Participating Team.
12. Any content included in the Submission (including the identities of the participating team members, the short written description of the Submission, and the video) as well as any work conducted during any portion of the Competition may be shared by YPSN HK for any Competition or publicity related purpose, and will not be considered confidential.
13. Participating Teams agree that the intellectual property of the live final pitch videos vests in YPSN HK and may be uploaded to the YPSN HK website or social media accounts.
14. The Participating Team or Participating Individual (as the case may be) shall fully indemnify and hold harmless YPSN HK against any and all loss, damage, liability, law suit (whether civil or criminal) arising from any breach of Intellectual Property and/or contract relating to and/or associated with the Submission. In the event of any law suit being brought against YPSN HK, the offending Participating Team or Participating Individual shall immediately advance funds to YPSN HK to defend the law suit.
15. IN NO EVENT SHALL (i) YPSN HK Ltd, ITS TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, THE COMPETITION JUDGES AND MENTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, INFORMATION OR DECISIONS MADE IN THE COURSE OF THE COMPETITION OR FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ECONOMIC DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PROPERTY AND LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PARTY OR PARTIES HAD BEEN ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW OR IN FACT DID KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Glossary of Legal Terms:
• YPSN HK Limited means the Young Professionals in Shipping Network (Hong Kong) Limited, its directors and employees.
• PARTICIPATING TEAM or PARTICIPATING INDIVIDUAL or their plurals mean each team or individual that has entered a Submission in the competition.
• SUBMISSION(s) means the video, business plan, idea, and all other information pertaining to the application for the Competition submitted by the Participating Team.
• COMPETITION means "The Captain's Table"